Report To: Travel Information Centre Manager
It is the responsibility of the Special Events Coordinator, partnered with the Travel Information Centre Assistant, to assist the Travel Information Centre Manager with projects that will increase tourism in the Municipality of Sioux Lookout. This includes Events for the Travel Information Centre and the Chamber of Commerce.
- Assist with the coordination for a number of the Sioux Lookout Chamber of Commerce summer events and fundraisers. Data collecting and reporting will be required at each event.
- Enlist the support of local businesses (as instructed) to actively take part in the various events and activities
- Market all local events that are planned by the Sioux Lookout Travel Information Centre as instructed by the Travel Information Centre Manager
- Assist with the planning, fundraising, organizing and execution of the Blueberry Festival
- Assist with daily operations of the Travel Information Centre (opening/closing procedures, facility maintenance, and more) as well as ensure all information is current and relevant to Sioux Lookout and Surrounding Area
- Operation of POS machine to complete Gift shop sales, summer passes, event registrations, and more
- Follow up on all inquiries made in person, by mail, phone, fax or email including the distribution of literature and referral to other organizations as appropriate
- General office administration: reception (telephone and public), faxing, photocopying, data input, file and record maintenance, cleaning, organizing, inventory and resource material upkeep.
- Represent the Travel Information Centre and the Sioux Lookout Chamber of Commerce in a professional and appropriate manner, at all times
- Other duties as identified by the Travel Information Centre Manager
**** Applicants must be willing to work evenings and weekends. ****
Tuesday-Friday: 10-6 – 1 Hr Lunch
Saturday: 8-4 – 1 Hr Lunch
Please send Resumes to Karlee Roy at email@example.com or call 807 737 1937
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.