Report To: Travel Information Centre Manager
It is the responsibility of the Travel Information Centre Assistant to assist with projects that will increase tourism in the Town of Sioux Lookout. This includes Travel Information Centre events and Chamber of Commerce Events
- Welcome and greet each individual as they enter the Travel Information Centre
- Assist with the daily operations & facility management of the Travel Information Centre
- Provide friendly, professional service to all visitors
- Collect visitor statistics and update report weekly
- Complete cash transactions and record sales
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Follow up on all inquiries made in person, by email, phone, or fax
- Sunset Country magazine mailouts within Canada & the US
- General office administration: reception (telephone and public), faxing, photocopying, data input, file and record maintenance, cleaning, organizing, and gift shop inventory.
- Assist with coordinating of the Sioux Lookout Chamber of Commerce summer events and fundraisers: events include
Walleye Weekend, Farmers’ Market, and the Trade, Craft and Home Show.
- Assist with the planning, fundraising, organizing and execution of the Blueberry Festival
- Represent the Travel Information Centre and the Sioux Lookout Chamber of Commerce in a professional and appropriate manner, at ALL times
- Other duties as identified by the Travel Information Centre Manager
Not Required but Would be Considered an Asset
- Familiarity with local outfitters, their locations and services
- Have knowledge of lakes, species of fish and current fishing regulations
- Ability to read maps considered an asset
- Must be able to work individually and as part of a team
- Must be able to problem solve and maintain deadlines
- Knowledge of surrounding area and community events
Applicant must be able to work evenings and weekends.
Monday-Thursday: 10-6 – 1 Hr Lunch
Sunday: 8-4 – 1 Hr Lunch
Please send Resumes to Karlee Roy at email@example.com or call 807-737-1937
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.